Consumers speak out on health insurance coverage
Survey participants lose confidence in health coverage, believe industry reform is needed to help in economic recoveryWith so many organizations polling consumers and employers about their confidence in the global economy and current financial conditions of their businesses and households, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation RWJF) has taken the research one step further to hone in on health insurance concerns.
According to its Health Care Consumer Confidence Index, the RWJF says that American's confidence in their health insurance coverage slipped from the baseline of 100 to 98.7 last month - the first month the index was calculated.
"The RWJF Index shows that Americans feel vulnerable about their healthcare and want reform. Tracking consumer confidence in health care over time will be an important national indicator for whether we are genuinely improving health care and ultimately the health of all Americans," said Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, president and CEO of the foundation.
RWJF found that 23.6 percent of people surveyed are worried they might lose their health insurance at some point in the next year. This type of concern is prompting Americans to pay attention to the need for healthcare reform.
In fact, 86 percent of Americans say that health reform is a critical aspect in addressing the current financial crisis.
Learn how easy and convenient shopping for health insurance can be. Get your free health insurance quotes today!
Posted: June22, 2009
Related Health Insurance Articles
- Employee health benefits valued later in life June 17, 2009
- Small business owners debate health insurance June 15, 2009
- Current healthcare patterns 'unsustainable' June 05, 2009
- Health insurance controversy brews in CA June 04, 2009
- Disability insurance a factor in new legislation June 02, 2009
- New study: 66m could be without insurance in 10 years May 27, 2009
- Small business owners may cut health insurance May 26, 2009
- Affordable health insurance debate prompts creative response May 21, 2009
- Health insurance remains top concern amid fumbling economy May 19, 2009
- Health insurance a top concern amid job loss May 18, 2009