Green Bay, Wisconsin is probably best known as the home of the Green Bay Packers. But residents of Title Town have another thing to cheer about--insurance prices that are some of the lowest in the nation at $582 annually.
Keeping Green Bay insurance costs down is likely a priority for residents, and knowing how your insurance is calculated as well as how you can save is a good start for keeping your rates affordable.
Factors Affecting Green Bay Insurance Quotes
If you are in the market for auto insurance, you may be surprised to learn some of the things that go into determining your rates:
- Driving record. This is fairly obvious to most people--the more tickets and accidents you have on your record, the more of a risk you pose to an insurance company. As a result, the higher your rates will be.
- Type of car you drive. If your car is an expensive sports car or a foreign luxury vehicle, it's probably going to be more expensive to fix, so insurance will be higher.
- Credit score. According to insurance companies, those with lower credit scores are more likely to be involved in car accidents. As a result, a lower score might mean a higher rate.
- Where you park. Insurance rates are lower if you park your car in a garage or carport as opposed to the street or a curb, where it is more apt to be hit or broken into.
- Age. Statistically, those under the age of 25 account for the highest percentage of accidents, so insurance is pricier until you hit 26.
- Gender. If you are a male, especially if you are under 25, your Green Bay insurance quotes are likely to be higher.
Some of these factors, like your age and gender, you have no control over. But keeping a safe driving record and paying bills on time are some things you can do to keep your costs down.
Saving on Green Bay Insurance
There are many other ways you can save on your Green Bay insurance quotes:
- Increase your deductible. Higher out of pocket costs for you mean less the insurance company has to pay, so your rates will lower as a result.
- Take a defensive driving course. Approved traffic courses from the DMV in your area can also lower your rates.
- Insure your car and home together. Most companies offer multiple policy discounts.
- Shop around. Getting multiple quotes and comparison shopping will also help you save, since most companies will offer different prices.
Finding Green Bay Insurance Quotes
The fastest, easiest way to gather multiple Green Bay insurance quotes is through a site like Netquote.com. Here, you can research insurance requirements and types, and then find multiple quotes in a matter of minutes.