The city of West Jordan, Utah has experienced explosive growth in a short amount of time--in just 30 years, the population has swelled from 4,000 to over 100,000. Many different factors draw people to West Jordan, including low crime rates, close proximity to Salt Lake City (just 25 miles), and good schools.
But with growing populations come increasing problems. The growth in population has resulted in major traffic problems for West Jordan residents, many of who spend over an hour on their commutes to Salt Lake City. With so many cars on the road, the risk for accidents--from rush hour fender benders to major collisions--is higher. As a result, it's important to have the right insurance coverage for your vehicles.
West Jordan Insurance Basics
Utah is a no-fault state in terms of auto insurance, meaning that the driver who wasn't at fault can still collect money for injury and lost wages from his own insurance; however, he can't sue the other driver for pain and suffering. Fault is assigned, however, to cover costs of the damage of the car, which is why even in a no-fault state like Utah, you must have liability insurance.
Your West Jordan insurance quotes should include at least the following under state law:
- Bodily Injury: $25,000/person and $65,000/accident
- Property Damage: $15,000
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Because it is a no-fault state, you must have at least $3,000 in PIP to cover your medical expenses.
These minimums are what allow you to drive legally. In addition, you would be smart to consider additional coverage in your West Jordan insurance quotes to make sure you are fully covered:
- Uninsured/underinsured. Uninsured drivers account for approximately 13% of drivers in Utah, so uninsured coverage is important to protect you in the event you are hit by a driver who has no insurance.
- Collision. Many lenders require this insurance, which covers repair or replacement costs to your own vehicle.
- Comprehensive. Non crash-related damage from perils like fire or hail or theft are covered with comprehensive insurance, also required by many lenders.
Lowering Your West Jordan Insurance Quotes
Average insurance prices in Utah are lower than national averages (Just under $700 a year compared to the national average of $795), but there are a number of factors that influence your rates, including your age and gender, the car you drive, and your driving history. You can keep your West Jordan insurance low, or lower it further, in a number of ways:
- Raise your deductibles. This is the quickest and easiest way to save money. The higher the deductible, the lower your annual premium. For a driver with a clean record, a $1,500 deductible is not unreasonable and can save you more than $50 a month compared with a $250 deductible.
- Combine policies. If you need to insure more than one car, or if you need another type of insurance like homeowners or renters, purchasing from the same company will help you save money as well.
- Shop around. You can also save on your West Jordan insurance by shopping around and getting multiple quotes. Netquote.com makes this easy, allowing you to research insurance requirements and then get a number of West Jordan insurance quotes within minutes.
Insurance is necessary not only by law, but to keep your costs as low as possible if you are ever involved in an accident. These tips will help you keep your West Jordan insurance as low as possible.