The city of Round Rock, Texas, is the place to be--high annual incomes and job growth, a bustling economy (computer giant Dell as well as Ikea and Sears Customer Care are all based in Round Rock), close proximity to the state capitol, and excellent schools have given Round Rock a great reputation.
Part of keeping their city desirable includes Texas' tough laws on uninsured drivers. If you are in an accident caused by an uninsured driver, the costs can really take a toll. Texas has attempted to lower its above-average uninsured driver rate (roughly 25%) by imposing harsh penalties if you are caught driving without insurance.
The Costs of Not Having Round Rock Insurance
Penalties for not having the correct coverage for your vehicle include:
- Warning letter. The first step will come in terms of a letter mailed to uninsured residents warning them to obtain auto insurance coverage. It also lists the consequences of failing to get insurance. After this letter is received, drivers have nine weeks to get insurance.
- Fines. First-time offenses result in fines ranging anywhere from $175 to $350. If you are caught driving without insurance more than once, those fines jump to $1,000.
- License suspension. You can face suspension of your license as well if you are found to be driving without insurance after having been warned.
- Tow-away. If you are caught driving uninsured even after you've been warned, police can tow your car away on the spot. The costs to get your car back include not only the fines for driving uninsured and getting your license reinstated, but the costs of insurance as well as impound fees.
Round Rock Insurance Requirements
As you can see, it's safer and smarter to be insured. Your Round Rock insurance quotes should include minimum requirements, which in Texas are:
- Bodily Injury Liability: $25,000/$50,000 ($25,000 per person and up to $50,000 per accident)
- Property Damage Liability: $50,000
You may also want to add optional coverage to your Round Rock insurance to protect you from uninsured or underinsured drivers. In addition, collision insurance and comprehensive insurance will also cover repair or replacement costs to your own vehicle in the event of an accident or theft.
Finding Round Rock Insurance Quotes
Car insurance can be pricey, so it's important to shop around to ensure you are getting the best price possible on your Round Rock insurance. This can be a time consuming process unless you take advantage of the information and services on a site like netquote.com. Here, you can research insurance requirements, possible discounts, and then receive multiple Red Rock insurance quotes to compare.