If you own a home in Odessa, Texas, you probably already know that homeowners insurance is mandatory. But with Texas being the most expensive state in the nation to insure a home, if you're like most residents you probably want to save some money on your insurance.
Unfortunately, many people try and save money by scaling back on the coverage they get for their home and leave it underinsured in the process. Living in a state with a high likelihood of tornadoes, lightning damage, and hurricanes along the coast increase your chances of having to file a claim, so it only makes sense to make sure you're adequately covered.
Instead of skimping on coverage for your home, you save on your Odessa insurance quotes in plenty of other ways:
- Increase your home's protection. Installing storm shutters, fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, and other measures to protect your home against storms and fire can help lower your likelihood of extensive damage in the event of a storm or fire as well as your insurance rates.
- Increase your home's security. While Odessa is hardly the crime capital of the state, you can save more money by enhancing the security of your home. For example, installing deadbolt locks can lower your rates by 5%; adding a burglar alarm will lower it by 15%.
- Reexamine your coverage. Some people actually over-insure their homes when they don't need to. When determining your home's replacement costs, don't make the mistake of figuring in the value of your land as well--homeowners insurance is only designed to cover structures.
- Raise your deductible. The quickest way to lower your rates is to raise your deductible. This is the amount you pay out of pocket before your insurance kicks in. Increasing your deductible to the highest amount you can afford will lower your monthly rates by up to 15%.
- Insure your car and home together. Combining coverage will also help to lower your rates. For example, if you need to insure your car as well, or you're in the market for life insurance, consider buying them all from the same company.
- Shop around. Comparison shopping is also a good way to save money. Each company charges different rates, and you can save hundreds a year simply by calling around and getting quotes from different companies.
Comparing Odessa Insurance Quotes
One way to find Odessa insurance quotes and compare them is through a site like netquote.com. Here, you can access articles on all different types of insurance, then get multiple quotes for free in a matter of minutes. It's the easiest, quickest way to find the best prices on your insurance.