The city of Lewisville, Texas, has experienced rapid growth in a short amount of time. This is due to a number of factors, including close proximity to Dallas, affordable housing, and good schools.
But a growing population means more cars on the road and, ultimately, a higher risk of getting involved in an auto accident. Higher risk usually results in higher car insurance premiums, but Lewisville insurance quotes average around $808 a year, not much more than the national average of $795.
Luckily, there are many ways you can keep your Lewisville insurance affordable, even if you notice it rising in price over time:
- Look for discounts. If you're not familiar with some of the discounts available to drivers, you'd be amazed at how many there actually are. For example, insuring more than one car, carrying a B average or better if you're a student, maintaining a good driving record, and insuring your home with your car are just a few discounts you may be eligible for.
- Increase your deductible. A good way to lower your Lewisville insurance quotes is by increasing your deductible, or out of pocket costs if you need to file a claim. You can save over $20 a month, for example, by increasing a $500 deductible to $1000. Just make sure you have the money in the bank to cover it in case you do need to file a claim.
- Don't let your insurance lapse. A lapse in coverage, even just a few days, can cause your insurance rates to increase. So make sure you start shopping around for Lewisville insurance quotes before your insurance expires in order to avoid this.
- Avoid filing too many claims. You may want to think twice before filing a claim to repair a broken windshield or bump out a small dent. Each claim you file, regardless of how much it was for, will raise the price of your premium. In some cases, it's better to just pay the out of pocket costs.
- Keep your record clear. A single ticket can raise your rates by at least 25% for the next three years; an accident will raise them a whopping 40% for three years. With that in mind, drive safe to avoid tickets or causing accidents.
Shopping Around for Lewisville Insurance Quotes
Another great way to save money is to shop around for multiple quotes, as companies vary in their rates. This can be tedious, unless you use a site like netquote.com. Here, you can get multiple Lewisville insurance quotes for free in a matter of minutes, so you know exactly which company can provide you with the best rates.