If you're lucky enough to live in Allentown, Pennsylvania, you have the privilege of living in a two-time winner of the All-America City award. The city of Allentown includes plentiful museums, a history of rich German heritage, fine cuisine, and much more.
Because Allentown is such a great place to live, it's no wonder the population is growing. If you are moving to Allentown or if you live there, it's a good idea to get a basic idea of homeowner insurance in the area.
Allentown Insurance Basics
Before you can purchase homeowner insurance, you need to know the various options. There is not a one-size fits all policy, as each home and situation is unique. Insurance policies are divided into 5 different types, and in New Hampshire include:
- HO-2. This is a basic policy that covers your structure from damage from the most common perils, including fire, lightning, wind or hail, and theft.
- HO-3. As the most common single-family policy, this protects your home from 16 types of perils. Keep in mind that this excludes flood, earthquake, war, and any other exclusions listed in your policy.
- HO-4. This renters' coverage insures a renter's home contents, loss of use, liability, and medical payments as a result of injury from the most common perils.
- HO-5. This is a premium policy that not only covers your home from all the perils that HO-3 covers, but it also protects the contents of your home as well.
- HO-6. This policy for condo owners covers condos against the most common perils as well as personal liability (in the event someone is injured in your home and sues you), and medical payments.
- HO-8. This is a cash value property designed for older homes that may have a lower market value than replacement cost. It covers the structure and contents. If you live in one of Allentown's historic homes, this may be the policy for you.
Saving on Your Allentown Insurance
Residents of Allentown pay an average of $643 in homeowner insurance premiums, far below the national average of $804. But you can still save money on your insurance by taking advantage of discounts, including:
- Home upgrades. Updating the electrical or heating systems in your home can save you money on your insurance policy.
- Security features. By installing deadbolt locks, an alarm system, or other security measures, you can not only save on your insurance, but also help keep your home safe as well.
- Multiple policy discounts. Do you need to insure your car, motorcycle, or your business as well? Purchasing multiple policies together can save you money as well.
Finding Allentown Insurance Quotes
Comparing your rates will also save you money on your insurance. NetQuote.com is the best source for not only insurance information, but also easy access to fast, reliable Allentown insurance quotes, so you know you are getting the best possible price for your homeowner insurance.