Wilmington, North Carolina, is a popular place to visit for many reasons--from the historic downtown Riverwalk to short drives to beautiful beaches and plenty of shopping. It's also a popular place for filming--hundreds of movies have taken place in this picturesque community.
With so much to see and do in Wilmington, you'll probably be spending a lot of time in your car driving to the beach and visiting other sites. In order to do this, you'll have to have the proper insurance.
Wilmington Insurance for Cars
North Carolina car insurance averages around $591 a year; not bad, considering some states charge double that for basic liability coverage. Like most states, North Carolina has minimum liability requirements that cover the medical costs of the other passengers if you are found at fault in an accident. Property damage liability is also a requirement.
But if you want to cover your own car and medical costs in an accident, you will need additional coverage. When shopping for Wilmington insurance quotes, consider including the following coverage:
- Bodily Injury: $30,000/$60,000. These minimums cover the medical costs of the other car up to $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident. However, it doesn't hurt to raise these limits, since a serious accident could put medical costs in the hundreds of thousands.
- Property Damage: $25,000. This will cover repair or replacement costs of any property you damage up to $25,000.
- Uninsured/Underinsured: In the event you are hit by an uninsured driver or you are in a hit and run accident, this coverage will take care of your medical bills and lost wages. $25,000 per person and $50,000 per car are safe minimums.
- Collision: After the deductible you select, this will cover repair costs to your own vehicle. Typical deductibles are $500, but raising them can lower your rates.
- Comprehensive: Like collision insurance, comprehensive requires a deductible. After your deductible, this will cover non-accident related damage or theft.
Additional coverage you may want to include in your Wilmington insurance quotes are rental car coverage, which covers the cost of a rental car while your car is being repaired, roadside assistance in case your car breaks down, and personal injury protection (PIP) to cover your own medical costs.
Using Netquote for Wilmington Insurance Quotes
One way to make sure you are getting the best deal possible for your insurance is by shopping around and comparing multiple quotes. If this sounds time consuming, it is--unless you use netquote.com. This comprehensive site allows you to research insurance minimums and requirements, so you know exactly what you need when building your quote. Then, netquote will give you multiple Wilmington insurance quotes quickly so you know you're getting the best possible price on your insurance.