Residents of Manchester, New Hampshire are not only living in the largest city in New Hampshire and all of northern New England, but they are also living in a picturesque community that has captured the attention of CNN Money, which rated it 13th of the 100 best cities to live, and Forbes, who also rated it the #1 cheapest place to live in the US.
Insurance rates in New Hampshire are roughly average of what you would find in the country, but insurance laws and requirements are a different story. When looking for Manchester insurance quotes, you may notice that New Hampshire law does not require you to have a minimum amount of liability insurance.
However, just because they don't require it doesn't mean it isn't a good idea. One serious accident and you could find yourself in financial ruin as a result of medical and legal bills. But it can be difficult to know where to start when it comes to how much insurance you should get.
Manchester Insurance Basics
As you shop for Manchester insurance quotes, keep the following types of coverage in mind.
- Bodily Liability. If you cause an accident, bodily liability coverage will pay the medical expenses of those injured in the crash. It will also cover any litigation against you, as well as legal fees.
- Property Liability. This covers the property you damage in an accident. This could range from other vehicles to buildings to fences.
- Uninsured/Underinsured. In New Hampshire, this coverage is required. In the event you are in an accident and the driver at fault is uninsured, uninsured/underinsured coverage will cover your expenses.
- Collision. Collision insurance covers the repair costs of your own vehicle in an accident.
- Comprehensive. This type of coverage generally covers all damage not related to a car accident, such as hail or vandalism.
Average New Hampshire insurance costs, with all of the above included, run around $750 annually. There are a wide range of factors, however, that can affect your rates, such as driving record or tickets.
Shopping for Manchester Insurance Quotes
The best way to save money on insurance quotes is through shopping around and comparing rates. NetQuote.com allows you to conveniently research insurance and has all the answers you could possibly need with regard to Manchester insurance, quotes, and types of coverage. Once you know what you need, you can get fast quotes and be safely on your way.