Billings, Montana is the largest city in the state and affords residents and visitors with all the accommodations of a big city, but with lower crime rates and a growing economy that is partly due to the high number of tourists passing through on their way to nearby Yellowstone.
Despite a relatively low population and few natural disasters, Montana residents pay close to national averages in terms of insurance rates. However, there are many ways you can lower the prices on your Billings insurance quotes without much effort on your part.
Saving On Billings Auto Insurance
Montana ranks 28th in the nation in auto insurance costs, but you can lower your Billings insurance rates by considering the following:
- Maintain your coverage. If you let your insurance expire or have even a temporary lapse in coverage, your rates will go up. Maintaining even the minimum liability coverage can help ensure your rates don't increase due to lapse of coverage.
- Combine policies. Insuring more than one vehicle on the same policy, or insuring your home or personal belongings and your car from the same company can save you up to 15% on your premiums.
- Keep a clean record. Your auto insurance costs will increase as much as 30% and stay high for 3 years if you get just one traffic ticket. If you cause an accident, you can expect a 50% jump in your rates.
Saving On Billings Homeowners Insurance
Billings residents pay around $521 a year on average for their insurance, which is less than other areas of the state, where wildfires are more common and fire stations are further away. Still, you can get lower Billings insurance quotes in a number of ways:
- Increase your fire protection. Smoke detectors, sprinkler systems, and heat sensors in your home can lower your rates by 20%. Be sure to mention your proximity to fire stations and water hydrants as well.
- Secure your home. Burglar alarms and deadbolt locks are just a couple of security features you can add to your home to save an additional 15-20% on your premiums.
- Take advantage of discounts. If you are retired or over 55, update your home's wiring or plumbing, or take precautions to protect your home from weather, you can qualify for discounts from your insurance company.
Comparing Billings Insurance Quotes
The best way to make sure you are getting the best insurance rates for home and auto is through getting multiple quotes and then comparing them to find the lowest prices. A fast way to do this is through a site like netquote.com, which allows you to research insurance requirements, then find multiple Billings insurance quotes quickly and easily.