Get a Silver Spring Insurance Quote
If you’re like a large percentage of Silver Spring residents, you’re married, in your 30s and have some kind of professional job whether it’s working for the federal government in the District or maybe at a tech company in Virginia. There are of course plenty of exceptions. But one thing you probably all have in common is your driving-you drive a lot. How many times have you been stuck on the Beltway, not moving, because of a crash? It’s a good thing that crash was someone else, right? All that happened to you was a loss of time and an increase in frustration. However, what if you were in an accident? Are you underinsured? Over insured? Paying too much? How has your life changed since you’ve lived in Silver Spring? Kids? Different car? More assets? If you’re shopping for Silver Spring insurance quotes these are things you should be considering. First, let’s put driving in Silver Spring in perspective.
Silver Spring by the Numbers
- 62% of Silver Spring residents drive alone. 13% carpool. 12% take the bus. 6% ride the subway and 4% walk.
- The average commute time is 31 minutes. But 27% of commuters drive 45 minutes or more.
- The most crowded morning commute time: 7:00-8:30 am
Maryland and the Law
Maryland requires the following minimum coverage:
- Liability- pays damages when you’re at fault. $20,000 for Bodily Injury per person; $40,000 Bodily Injury for two or more; $15,000 Property Damage.
- Uninsured Motorist- pays damages caused by an uninsured driver to you. $20,000 Bodily Injury per person; $40,000 Bodily Injury for two or more; $15,000 Property Damage.
- Personal Injury Protection- benefits for medical, hospital and disability up to $2,500 for all reasonable expenses from an accident.
This is a lot of mandatory coverage when compared to other states. That’s one of the reasons Maryland premiums are higher than 75% of the country. But let’s consider a few things.
Silver Spring Insurance Quotes Q and A
Are you driving when you could be carpooling or taking the bus? If not, try public transit one day a week at first. Friday is a good day because statistics show there are more accidents on this day than the others.
Are you driving an SUV? A sports car? Premiums are higher on these vehicles than a standard car.
Do you drive your kids and their friends to and from practices, plays or other events? In this case, you might want to consider even more liability coverage with that extra responsibility.
Do you drive a car that is worth less than the new living room furniture you just bought? Consider lowering your deductible to save money on premiums.
Does your car have safety features like anti-lock brakes, airbags, automatic seatbelts and an anti-theft system? Having these features can lower your premium.
The Answer for Silver Spring Insurance Quotes
You’re here because you’re shopping for Silver Spring insurance quotes whether it’s home, auto, health or business, you have a need to fill. Now that you may have a few more answers try comparison shopping with NetQuote. They’ll search from hundreds of different insurers to find the right fit for you.