Making Palm Beach Gardens Insurance Quotes Work for You
Living in the Sunshine State has plenty of perks–sandy beaches, beautiful weather, and enough activities and attractions to keep you busy for years. But it’s not all sunshine and happiness in Florida, and if you are shopping around for auto insurance rates, you’ll soon understand why.
Palm Beach Gardens Insurance Quotes
If you are insuring a car in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, recent statistics show that you are paying higher average rates than most; Florida is the 5th most expensive state in which to insure a car. There are many factors that influence insurance rates in Palm Beach Gardens, some of which include:
- Risk. A high prevalence of accidents in Florida raises rates dramatically
- Speed limit. The 70 mph highway speed limit in Florida raises costs of insurance slightly
- Blood Alcohol Percentage limit. In Palm Beach Gardens, this is 0.08
- Cell phone usage. There is no ban on talking on handheld cell phones in Florida, which also affects insurance rates
- License restoration after DUI. In Florida, drivers license can typically be restored after 30 days
- Repair costs. Higher overall labor and repair cost rates can also increase Palm Beach Gardens insurance
What You Need to Know
If you are looking for Palm Beach Gardens insurance quotes for your new car, minimum coverage requirements you will need to be aware of include:
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): $10,000. Also referred to as Florida No Fault Insurance, this amount covers you in the event of an accident, regardless of fault
- Property Damage Liability (PDL): $10,000. This amount covers the damage caused to other people’s property if you are at fault; for example, if you take out your neighbor’s mailbox, PDL covers the replacement costs.
These two types of insurance are necessary to obtain a driver’s license and registration. Other insurance coverage you want to consider is:
- Bodily Injury Liability (BIL): If an accident involves serious injury or death and is your fault, BIL covers not only the injuries, but the costs of legal representation in the event that you are sued. Keep in mind that this is only up to the limits of your Palm Beach Gardens insurance policy; if you have a $100,000 BIL coverage and the accident victim’s medical bills are $50,000 and he in turn sues you for $100,000, you will have to come up with the difference.
Even though Florida insurance typically has higher rates than most states, there’s no need to despair. Finding the best insurance rates will involve a little detective work on your part. There are all sorts of ways you can lower your rates. For example, in Florida, there are a whole host of discounts available to drivers, including Good Student discounts, Mature Driver discounts, and more. A free website like NetQuote.com is all you need to get the scoop on rates, allowing you to easily compare multiple Palm Beach Gardens insurance quotes from the convenience of one website.