Miami Gardens Auto InsuranceWhat You Need to Know
Residents of Miami Gardens, Florida –home to the Miami Dolphins and the Florida Marlins –enjoy beautiful weather and close proximity to Miami and all it has to offer. Those who live in Miami Gardens are also familiar with the concept of traffic; this city of over 100,000 residents continually deals with large numbers of commuters to Miami and sports traffic. Even the name of Miami Gardens itself has to do with driving –it’s named for one of the major roads in the area.
With so much traffic comes a higher risk of car accidents and traffic fatalities. Add that to the high property crime rate in Miami Gardens, which is nearly triple the national average, and it’s no wonder Florida ranks in the top 5 most expensive states to insure a car.
Miami Gardens Insurance Requirements
Before you purchase an auto insurance policy, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the basics of Florida auto insurance. Each state has different requirements when it comes to coverage and limits. In Florida, you’re required to have:
- Bodily liability: $10,000/30,000. In the event you cause an accident, these limits will cover the cost of medical care up to $10,000 for an individual or up to $30,000 for all passengers in the car.
- Property liability: $10,000. This takes care of any property the accident damages, such as vehicles, buildings, mailboxes, and so forth.
As you can see, these limits are relatively low. In the event of a serious accident, a 10/30/10 policy like the one Florida requires can be used up pretty quickly. After that, it comes from your pocket or your assets. That’s why it is in your best interests to pay a little extra for more comprehensive coverage. Florida auto insurance averages $1,043 a year, but this is a small price to pay for the peace of mind that comes with more coverage.
Miami Gardens Insurance Recommendations
When getting Miami Gardens insurance quotes, a good policy will cover the following:
- Bodily liability. Insurance experts recommend upping your liability to coverage of $100,000/300,000. This will also cover legal expenses and judgments against you if you are sued.
- Property liability. Because costs can add up quickly, property liability coverage of at least $50,000 is a better option than the state minimums.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist. Roughly 19% of all drivers in Florida are uninsured, so this type of coverage is highly recommended. This will cover damages if the at-fault driver is uninsured.
- Comprehensive coverage. This type of insurance covers the cost of repairs to your own vehicle if you are in an accident.
Getting Miami Gardens Insurance Quotes
Even though Florida auto insurance is pricey, you can save money by getting multiple Miami Gardens insurance quotes and comparing them for the best rates will help you save. NetQuote.com is an excellent source for finding Miami Gardens insurance quotes for free, so you can be sure you get the best rate.