Tips for Saving on Centennial Insurance
Centennial, Colorado is known as one of the wealthiest cities in the country, with only 31 cities having a higher per capita income. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t look to save money wherever possible.
If you plan on driving and living in Centennial, insurance is a must. These tips will help you save money on your Centennial insurance quotes for cars.
Saving on Car Insurance
The average car insurance premium for liability insurance in Colorado runs around $738 a year, but this is just an average. A number of factors will influence your rates, including your driving record, commute time, and the type and amount of coverage you have.
Basic liability insurance requirements in Colorado include:
- Bodily Injury: $25,000/person $50,000/accident
- Property Damage: $15,000
Most experts recommend increasing liability limits and adding comprehensive and collision coverage to protect your own vehicle. And because approximately 15% of drivers on the road in Colorado are uninsured, uninsured/underinsured coverage for medical bills is also recommended. Adding to your coverage will increase your rates as well, but there are plenty of ways you can save on your Centennial insurance quotes:
- Increase your deductible. The higher your deductible, the lower your monthly payments will be. The most common deductible is $500; raise it to $1,000, and you can save 15% on your annual premium.
- Look for professional and group discounts. Certain organizations, like the AARP or AAA, as well as service professions like military or police, have special insurance discounts for members. Your employer may also provide a group insurance discount.
- Increase your security. A car alarm or other protective devices will not only lower your risk of having your car stolen, but it will also help to lower your insurance rates as well.
- Watch your driving. One traffic ticket can raise your insurance rates by 15% or more. Another ticket can drive that number to 25%, and your rates will reflect your tickets for the next three years. Same with accidents; however, one at-fault accident on your record and you could see a 40% jump in your premium.
- Shop around. Shopping around for multiple Centennial insurance quotes can save you a bundle, sometimes hundreds, on your annual premiums. Contact different companies and then compare the rates they offer.
Using Netquote for Centennial Insurance Quotes
Shopping around for multiple insurance quotes can be time-consuming and tedious. Netquote.com takes this hassle away, so you can get Centennial insurance quotes for free in minutes from the comfort of your home.