Home to some of the best surfing in the United States, access to beautiful beaches and plenty of shopping and fine dining are some of the reasons Ventura, California, is a wonderful place to live. For many people, this makes the high cost of living that is so common in California worth it.
Luckily, Ventura insurance for both autos and homes tends to be in line with national averages; residents pay an average of $800 for auto insurance and $676 for homeowners insurance. There are many ways to save on your insurance, but in your quest to save money, it's important not to skimp on insurance coverage. The following tips will help you make sure you are adequately covered.
Ventura Insurance for Cars
California law requires drivers to carry at least $15,000/30,000 in liability coverage and $5,000 for property damage. This covers the medical bills and repair costs to people injured and property damaged if you cause an accident.
Ideally, your insurance coverage should be much higher. The majority of Ventura residents drive themselves to work each day, and a large number of cars on the road means increased risk for an accident. Your Ventura insurance quotes should include coverage for the following:
- Increased bodily injury limits to $100,000/300,000
- Increased property damage limits to $50,000
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Collision coverage to cover repair costs to your own vehicle
- Comprehensive coverage to for repair and replacement costs as a result of theft, vandalism, or weather-related damage
Ventura Insurance for Homes
Californians face certain risks that are foreign to other parts of the country, including wildfires and earthquakes. As a result, homeowners insurance coverage should include:
- Earthquake insurance. Most policies don't cover damages that result from earthquakes, so you many want to consider adding this to your policy as well.
- Flood insurance. Ventura is a coastal city and no stranger to coastal flooding. As a result, you should think seriously about purchasing flood insurance. This coverage is sold separately because it is regulated by the National Flood Insurance Program.
Comparing Ventura Insurance Quotes
Believe it or not, each insurance company you get a quote from will offer you a different rate. Sometimes, this difference can be dramatic. That's why it's important to shop around and compare quotes to make sure you are getting the lowest rates for your insurance. Netquote.com allows you to research a variety of insurance types, and then receive multiple Ventura insurance quotes in a matter of minutes. This takes the hard work out of finding affordable insurance, so you can spend your time enjoying all that Ventura has to offer.