Rilato Insurance: Making Sure You’re Covered
The city of Rialto is situated close to major interstates in California, making it ideal for commuters; in fact, the majority of Rialto residents commute more than 20 minutes each way to work.
With so much time spent on the road, having the right insurance coverage is imperative. Most residents know that insurance is required, but how much do you really need?
Rialto Insurance Requirements
Like most states, California requires a certain amount of liability coverage:
- Bodily Injury: $15,000/$30,000. This amount covers the medical costs of up to $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident if you are found at-fault in an accident.
- Property Damage: $5,000. This state minimum covers up to $5,000 in damage you cause with your vehicle.
If these minimums seem low, they are–a serious accident can result in medical bills and property damage that reaches hundreds of thousands of dollars. Not only that, but liability coverage only covers damage to other vehicles.
If you want more complete coverage, your Rialto insurance quotes should include the following recommended amounts:
- Bodily Injury: Raising your bodily injury coverage to the recommended $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident lowers your chances of having to pay out of your own pocket.
- Property Damage: With so many pricey cars and homes in California, the $5,000 minimum won’t get you far if you run into a Ferrari or a fence made from imported stone. $50,000 is a safer amount.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: California has one of the highest uninsured motorist rates in the country. Adding this coverage will cover your own medical costs if you are hit by someone without insurance.
- Collision: After your deductible, this covers the repair or replacement costs from an accident of your own vehicle.
- Comprehensive: This coverage handles non-accident related repairs or replacement costs, such as theft or hail damage, after your deductible.
Saving On Rialto Insurance
Adding coverage to your Rialto insurance quotes helps keep you covered on the road, but it also raises your rates. You can still get adequate coverage without breaking the bank by taking steps to save on your insurance, like looking for discounts and maintaining a safe driving record.
Shopping around for multiple quotes and then comparing them is also important for finding affordable rates. Netquote.com is an excellent source for this. Within minutes, you can get multiple Rialto insurance quotes to compare, so you know you are getting the best price possible on your insurance.