Saving On Fairfield Insurance
Recently named one of the best places to live in the country, Fairfield, California boasts plenty to see and do, low crime rates, good schools, and a lower cost of living compared to the rest of the state.
As a result, many people are willing to drive farther distances to work in order to live in Fairfield. The average commute time for Fairfield residents is 20 minutes, yet more than 25% of residents have an average commute of over 45 minutes.
With so much time spent in the car, the risk of being involved in an accident grows. That’s why it’s crucial to have the right Fairfield insurance coverage.
Fairfield Insurance Basics
Like most states, California residents are required to have a certain amount of liability insurance. This includes bodily injury of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident as well as property damage liability of $5,000. If this doesn’t sound like much, it’s not, especially considering that the average award in an auto liability case is $300,000, and the average property damage claim runs around $7,000.
Not having adequate coverage can be financially devastating if you are held liable in an auto accident. Let’s say you carry the minimum requirements for insurance and, while adjusting your radio, accidentally rear-end a car. The driver of the other car claims she and her husband, who own a business together, have neck pain that keeps them from working and sues you for $150,000 and wins. Your insurance only covers $30,000 of that, so you are forced to pay for the remaining costs out of your own pocket.
To prevent situations like this, your Fairfield insurance quotes should include:
- Bodily Injury Liability: Experts recommend increasing limits to $150,000 per person and $300,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability: Because $5,000 doesn’t go very far these days, increasing your coverage to $50,000 is a good idea
- Uninsured/underinsured Motorist: This covers costs in the event you are in a hit-and-run or accident where the at-fault driver was uninsured
- Collision insurance. Liability only covers costs to the other vehicles; collision covers your own car’s repairs if you are at fault
- Comprehensive. If your car is stolen, or if a lamppost falls on it after an earthquake, or the windshield needs to be replaced, comprehensive insurance covers this.
Lowering Your Fairfield Auto Quotes
Adding coverage can increase your rates, but you can save in a number of ways, including:
- Clean driving record. You may think a speeding ticket now and again won’t hurt, but tickets and at-fault accidents will raise your rates for 2-3 years, so try and avoid these at all costs.
- Discounts. There are numerous auto discounts available for a wide range of situations and people, including good students, drivers who complete safety courses, retired drivers, and multiple cars on one quote.
- Increase your deductible. If you have a few tickets on your record, or if you want to lower your Fairfield insurance even further, the quickest way to do so is through raising your out of pocket costs.
- Shop around. Getting multiple Fairfield insurance quotes and then comparing them to find the lowest rates is an important step for saving on your auto insurance. You can save time by visiting netquote.com. Here, you can get several Fairfield insurance quotes in just a few minutes, then decide from there which one is best for you.