Daly City Insurance Basics
If you plan on calling Daly City home, or you already do, you’ll probably be doing a lot of driving. Located in the Bay Area of California, it features lots to see and do, including short drives to the beach and San Francisco, champion golf courses, and renowned paragliding and hang gliding.
With all the driving to and from various activities, the first thing you’ll need to do is make sure you are properly insured. Knowing Daly City insurance basics can help ensure you get the right insurance without paying more than you need.
Daly City Insurance for Autos
California auto insurance prices run around $800 on average a year, just a little more than the national average of $795. This is a lucky break for Californians, considering California is ranked third in uninsured drivers, number one in traffic fatalities, and has high rates of vehicle theft–all things that should drive rates through the roof.
Because California is, statistically, a precarious place to drive, it’s important to protect yourself with the right insurance. Daly City insurance requirements include:
- Bodily injury liability: $15,000/person and up to $30,000/accident. This covers medical costs incurred in an accident you cause.
- Property damage liability: $5,000. This is designed to cover repair or replacement costs to any property you damage.
Playing It Safe with Daly City Insurance
As you can see, the minimum requirements are fairly low. Medical bills and property damage can add up, especially if you are at fault in a serious accident. That’s why your best bet is to play it safe and include more than the minimums in your Daly City insurance quotes.
Ideally, your Daly City insurance quotes will include the following:
- Bodily Injury: $100,000/300,000
- Property Damage: $50,000
- Comprehensive/Collision: Comprehensive covers repairs or replacement costs to your car in a non-crash related event, like theft or a fire. Collision covers repair costs to your car in an accident. Purchasing comprehensive and collision is often referred to as “full coverage.”
- Uninsured/underinsured: With 25% of all Californians on the road either uninsured or underinsured, this insurance is a good idea. It covers medical bills in the event you are hit by someone without insurance.
Saving on Daly City Insurance Quotes
Adding on to your insurance coverage will make sure you are fully covered if you are ever in an accident, but the more coverage you get, the more you will pay as well. There are plenty of ways to save on your auto insurance, including shopping for discounts, raising your deductible, or insuring your car and home together and taking advantage of multiple policy discounts.
Shopping around and comparing quotes is also important if you want to make sure you are getting the best rate. Netquote.com is a great source for this. You can find multiple Daly City insurance quotes in a matter of minutes, then compare them to find the best rates.