Best Tips for Saving on Your Costa Mesa Insurance
In sunny Costa Mesa, California, residents know all about shopping. The local economy in this Orange County city relies heavily on retail and shopping; in fact, it’s also home to the highest volume regional shopping center in the nation.
While it may not be the most exciting thing you get to shop for, shopping around for car and home insurance is a great way to save money. In fact, those who find multiple Costa Mesa insurance quotes and compare them can end up saving hundreds of dollars on their annual premiums for both car and home insurance.
California Discounts for Home Insurance
While looking for your Costa Mesa insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to note that most people don’t have to pay full price for insurance, whether it’s auto or home or renters. There are discounts available for all types of situations.
A few of the discounts California residents may be eligible for on their homeowner’s insurance include:
- Age 50+. While the age varies with company, many homeowners who are at least 50 can save on their insurance.
- Military. Active duty, reserve, or retired members of the military are frequently eligible for substantial insurance discounts.
- New home. If your home was built within the previous few years, there are also discounts available.
- Multiple policies. Many companies will discount your insurance if you purchase multiple policies, such as home, auto, or motorcycle, from their company.
- Protective devices. Lower your risk of being burglarized by installing a security system, deadbolt locks, or motion lights and you can also get discounts on your insurance.
- Green upgrades. As an incentive to “go green,” many companies will also discount insurance for making environmentally-friendly upgrades to your home.
As you get your Costa Mesa insurance quotes, remember that they are still quotes and nothing is set in stone. Discuss any discounts you may be eligible for with your agent.
California Discounts for Auto Insurance
Auto insurance tends to fluctuate wildly depending on your driving record, number of accidents, or claims filed, so most people welcome auto discounts for their Costa Mesa insurance. Some of them include:
- Good driver. If you have gone a specified amount of time without a ticket or accident, you may be eligible for savings of up to 20% on your annual premium.
- Multiple vehicle. If you insure more than one car, you can typically save a percentage on your premium.
- Good student. High school and college students who make a B average, achieve the honor roll, or make the dean’s list are also often eligible for discounts.
- Anti-theft devices. If your vehicle is equipped with anti-theft devices like a car alarm or tracking system, you could also qualify for discounts.
Where to Find Costa Mesa Insurance Quotes
The easiest, fastest way to find Costa Mesa insurance quotes is through a comprehensive site like NetQuote.com. There, you can research insurance requirements and discounts, then compare rates and find the ones that will save you the most money.