Burbank Insurance Basics
Living in Burbank, California means close proximity to downtown Los Angeles and beaches, lower crime rates than normal, and beautiful weather year round. It also means a higher cost of living than national average.
When paying more for housing and other expenses, you may be tempted to cut costs in other ways, including your insurance. But not having adequate insurance coverage can be detrimental in the long run. When shopping for Burbank insurance quotes, it’s important to make sure you have adequate coverage.
Burbank Insurance for Cars
In California, you are required to have liability insurance of at least $15,000/$30,000 for bodily injury and $5,000 for property damage. If you stick with these minimums, however, you could find yourself significantly underinsured if you cause an accident and costs are higher than what your insurance covers.
Better coverage, according to insurance experts, will include the following:
- Bodily injury liability: $100,000/$300,000. In addition to medical bills, this will also cover any litigation against you in the event you are sued and the plaintiff wins.
- Property damage liability: $50,000. Increasing your limits to $50,000 will help ensure that any cars or property you damage are covered by insurance and not your own pocket.
- Uninsured/underinsured. This coverage protects you if you are hit by someone without insurance. With an uninsured driver rate of approximately 15%, it’s a good idea to have this coverage.
- Collision insurance. Many lenders require this; if you cause an accident, collision insurance will pay for damages to your own car after your deductible.
- Comprehensive. Also required by many lenders, comprehensive insurance covers non-accident related incidents such as theft or weather damage.
Burbank Insurance for Homes
If you have a home in Burbank, you are more at risk for certain things than other parts of the country. When collecting Burbank insurance quotes, be sure to keep the following in mind:
- Earthquake insurance is extra. California is prone to earthquakes, but most policies do not cover the damages that earthquakes cause. As a result, you will have to purchase this insurance separately.
- Not all contents are covered. Most homeowners insurance policies will also include coverage for your personal belonging up to 40% of your policy amount. If you have expensive jewelry, valuable antiques, or keep a lot of cash on hand, you will need to get additional coverage.
- Flood insurance is extra. Even though your policy covers water damage, this is limited to things like burst pipes or broken dishwashers and does not include damage that results from a flood. This type of insurance must be purchased separately.
Saving on Burbank Insurance Quotes
There are many ways you can save on your Burbank insurance without having to skimp on coverage. One of these is by shopping around and comparing multiple Burbank insurance quotes. The easiest, fastest way to do this is by visiting a site like netquote.com. Here, you can gather the information you need to put together a quote that best fits your needs, then get multiple quotes in a matter of minutes.