New grads make easy insurance mistakes
How to avoid making costly decisions about insurance quotes and plans
Graduating college is a significant milestone in a young person’s life. In today’s economy it can also be extremely stressful since many companies have hiring freezes in place.
But for grads that have a job and are relocating to a new house or apartment – there are a number of insurance considerations they should make.
One national insurance sales group is taking the upcoming National Insurance Awareness Day – June 28 – as a good time to remind young adults to look into renters insurance plans to protect belongings in an apartment and to take time to understand what type of health insurance they get from a new employer.
Since most students are on school or family health insurance plans, the transition to an individual plan is a big step.
Understanding health insurance plans – and individual options available outside of the workplace – is increasingly important for new grads and workforce veterans given the rising unemployment number.
People should be aware of what coverage is included in COBRA should they lose their job, how much it costs and how long it is available. If laid off, Americans should also investigate extensions for COBRA offered by the government.
Learn how easy and convenient shopping for health insurance can be. Get your free health insurance quotes today!
Posted: June 24, 2009
Related Health Insurance Articles
- Consumers speak out on health insurance coverage June 22, 2009
- Employee health benefits valued later in life June 17, 2009
- Small business owners debate health insurance June 15, 2009
- Current healthcare patterns ‘unsustainable’ June 05, 2009
- Health insurance controversy brews in CA June 04, 2009
- Disability insurance a factor in new legislation June 02, 2009
- New study: 66m could be without insurance in 10 years May 27, 2009
- Small business owners may cut health insurance May 26, 2009
- Affordable health insurance debate prompts creative response May 21, 2009
- Health insurance remains top concern amid fumbling economy May 19, 2009