Diagnosis and treatment, health insurance key to living to 100
People can expect to live longer than ever these days, which means securing the right health insurance is more important than ever.
A new study shows the essential role played by the diagnosis and treatment of chronic diseases, which can be financed by strong health insurance coverage, in helping people live to 100.
The BBC recently featured a study published in the Lancet journal which found that more than half of babies born today in the U.K. and other wealthy nations will live to 100 years, and that these extra years will be spent with less disability and illness. According to researchers, improved diagnosis and treatment of chronic diseases may be behind increases in life expectancies.
The report cited Kaare Christensen, the professor at the Danish Ageing Research Centre at the University of Southern Denmark, as saying that improvements in the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses such as heart disease and cancer are helping people postpone the limitations and disabilities caused by illness, despite an increase in chronic diseases.
As Dr. Maoshing Ni of Yahoo Health notes, drinking plenty of water, maintaining a balanced diet, adequate sleep and exercise, stress management, and avoidance of toxins can also improve a person’s odds of living to 100.
Regular doctor’s visits, financed by adequate health insurance coverage, are essential to the early diagnosis and treatment of illness such as cancer and heart disease.
Learn how easy and convenient shopping for health insurance can be. Get your free health insurance quotes today!
Posted: October 8, 2009
Related Health Insurance Articles
- Health insurance bill could penalize those who go without coverage October 8, 2009
- Possible link found between aspirin and colon cancer reduction could lead to lower health insurance rates October 7, 2009
- Preventive medicine can be as important as health insurance October 6, 2009
- Health insurance protects in case of sudden hospitalization October 6, 2009
- Excessive sugar consumption can raise health insurance costs October 2, 2009
- Companies struggling more with health insurance benefits October 1, 2009
- Health insurance costing employers more October 1, 2009
- Eating fruits and vegetables can save on health insurance costs September 30, 2009
- Age is a factor in price of health insurance premiums September 29, 2009
- Improved diet can lower health insurance costs September 29, 2009
- Arizona could lead states in debate over health insurance mandates September 29, 2009