Health Insurance Guide
As with any type of insurance, you need to become familiar with some basic guidelines before you begin to shop around for health insurance quotes. At NetQuote, we help you find the health insurer that best fit your needs and your budget.
Health insurance plans generally fall into one of two categories:
- Indemnity reimbursement) plans let you choose your own doctors and have your medical expenses paid – totally, in part, or up to a certain amount per day for a certain number of days.
- Managed care plans include health maintenance organizations HMOs), preferred provider organizations PPOs), and point of service POS) plans. These all involve an arrangement between the insurer and a selected network of doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare providers.
You’ll probably get several health insurance quotes that look attractive, but make sure they offer the right kinds of coverage for your situation. A good health insurance policy contains several types of coverage.
- Hospital expense insurance pays your room, board, and incidental services costs if you’re hospitalized.
- Surgical expense insurance covers surgeons’ fees and related costs associated with surgery.
- Physicians’ expense insurance pays for visits to a doctor’s office or for a doctor’s hospital visits.
- Major medical insurance protects you against losses from catastrophic illness or injury.
Check for additional benefits
Don’t forget to ask for health insurance quotes that offer additional benefits such as prescription drugs, preventive care, mental health benefits, maternity care, and vision care. In addition, check to see if the health insurance quote you’re considering requires you to be responsible for any or all of the following:
- Co-payment: The amount you’ll have to pay each time you visit a health insurance provider
- Deductible: The amount you’ll have to pay toward your medical expenses before the insurance company begins to pay claims
- Coinsurance: The percentage of your medical costs you’ll have to pay after you reach any deductibles that apply
Insist on health insurance quotes that don’t omit any of these important details.
Take the first step to choosing the right health insurance company for you – get your free health insurance quotes today!