Finding the Best Health Club Insurance
As with any business, owning and operating a health club requires specific insurance coverage. Health club insurance consists of liability coverage to protect your business and assets in the event of a lawsuit or damage.
Business Insurance for Health Clubs
One lawsuit or settlement can ruin you financially without the proper coverage. Your health club insurance should include each of the following types of liability insurance:
- General commercial liability. In the event someone is injured on your property or their own personal property is damaged, this coverage pays for medical bills, pain and suffering, and property damage.
- Professional liability. This covers you if you are sued for an error or negligent act that causes financial or bodily harm. For example, let’s say your aerobics instructor allows too many people in the class and someone is injured because it’s too crowded. The injured person sues for negligence and wins. Your professional liability covers defense and settlement costs.
- Product liability. Important for health clubs, this ensures that manufacturers, retailers, and so forth are held liable for any injuries their products may cause. So if someone is injured on a treadmill and sues you, the manufacturer would be held responsible.
- Employment practices liability. Lawsuits against employees regarding wrongful termination, sexual harassment, or discrimination are covered under this policy.
- Workers compensation.
In some cases, you may offer services or amenities that will require additional coverage that is typically not included in general or professional liability. Other things to consider when purchasing business insurance for health clubs:
- Do you have a swimming pool or Jacuzzi onsite? You may need to purchase additional coverage for water activities.
- Do you host day camps or have a child care facility? If so, sexual abuse and molestation insurance includes coverage for defense and settlements against accused employees.
- Do you hold special events? Special events add-ons cover bodily injury and property damage that may occur during a special event you host.
- Do you bring outside companies in? If you bring in an outside company to provide body fat testing or flu shots, make sure they have proof of their own liability insurance, or you could be held liable.
- Do you employ independent contractors? If so, your coverage may not include them. Check to make sure they are included, and if not require that they show proof of their own coverage.
Where to Find Business Insurance for Health Clubs
Companies that specialize in business insurance for health clubs are your best bet for getting adequate, affordable coverage for your health club. As with any big purchase, comparison shopping is important to make sure you are getting the most coverage for the least amount of money. Netquote.com takes the hard work out of this, providing multiple health club insurance quotes for free.
See how much you could save today on your insurance. Get your free business insurance quotes today!