Commercial Daycare Insurance Basics
Working with and caring for children is a rewarding career for many, and daycare owners know the services they provide are invaluable for both parents and children. Part of ensuring your daycare is a successful and safe operation for the daycare, its employees, and the children it cares for requires the right liability insurance for daycare centers.
Commercial daycare insurance should include a range of liability coverage that handles everything from a kitchen fire to an injury on premises to allegations of abuse or neglect. Liability insurance for daycare centers varies, and many must be added. As a general rule, your commercial daycare insurance should include the following liability insurance:
- General liability. This covers bodily injury or property damage that occurs on your premises. For example, if a child falls off a jungle gym and breaks his arm and his parents sue the daycare center for the medical bills, general liability will cover the costs.
- Sexual abuse/molestation liability. This is a must for anyone who works closely with children and covers legal defense costs as well as any judgments or settlements.
- Corporal punishment liability. This is frequently not covered and difficult to find. However, it's not a bad idea to protect your center's employees against allegations of corporal punishment, which could result in damage to your center's reputation as well as high defense costs.
- Child abduction liability. In the event a child is kidnapped from your daycare's premises, this will cover costs associated with recovery efforts.
- Special events liability. Some commercial daycare insurance policies don't cover accidents that occur off the daycare's premises. If you plan on taking kids on field trips or other events, this will cover injuries that may occur during the event.
- Commerical vehicle liability. Many daycares offer transportation to and from school. If you have a commercial vehicle, you will need commerical auto liability insurance.
Liability Insurance for Daycares -- Coverage Amounts and Costs
When determining how much liability insurance you need, you will first need to check state requirements. In some cases, you can get a blanket policy of a certain amount per occurrence, rather than limits for each child.
The cost of commercial daycare insurance depends on a variety of factors, including how much coverage you get, how many children are in the center, and other factors such as whether or not you serve meals, if you transport children, or if you have a swimming pool on the premises. The best way to find out how much your commercial daycare insurance will cost is by getting quotes from multiple companies.
Finding Liability Insurance for Daycare Centers
The unique needs and liability insurance requirements for a daycare center requires an insurance company who specializes in this type of coverage. Netquote.com not only provides you with information on commercial daycare insurance, but also with a variety of quotes at no cost to you. The cost of liability insurance for daycare centers can vary widely from company to company, so using netquote.com to find multiple quotes is the best way to make sure you are getting the coverage you need at the most affordable price.
See how much you could save today on your insurance. Get your free business insurance quotes today!