Review life insurance and combine policies, personal finance columnist says
Shopping around for life insurance policies can save real money, a columnist reportsLife insurance policy costs can be cut with a few smart strategies, a personal finance columnist for the Detroit News said this week.
Brian O'Connor, the paper's resident money expert, is trying to cut life insurance expenses as part of a bid to shave $1,000 from his family's monthly spending. O'Connor talked to an insurance agent in Troy, Michigan, Ronald Ostezan Jr., who advised him to review his life insurance policy at least once every two years.
Changing family situations and shifts in financial needs are the best reasons to scrutinize a policy, Ostezan was quoted as saying.
And if a policyholder has a number of different term life policies, he may save money by combining those into one and shopping around online. O'Connor reported that his estimated savings ranged from $53 to $83 each month - not quite the $100 he had been hoping for, but substantial nonetheless.
Life insurance is something that few adults should do without. The more dependents an adult has, the more crucial life insurance becomes, experts say.
See how easy it is to shop online for life insurance. Get your free life insurance quotes today!
Posted: December 14, 2009
Related Life Insurance Articles
- Americans who rely on workplace for life insurance should be smart, insurer says December 10, 2009
- Life insurance industry on firm footing, new data indicates December 1, 2009
- Life insurance industry financially strong, ratings agency reports November 19, 2009
- Life insurance secondary market needs to be carefully regulated, Illinois commissioner says November 18, 2009
- Market uncertainty leading more to purchase life insurance November 11, 2009
- States' insurance supervision more than adequate, Connecticut commissioner says November 2, 2009
- Study finds that consumers confident in life insurance yet underinsured October 26, 2009
- Right life insurance policy can ensure financial stability September 29, 2009
- Fewer employees offering life insurance benefits September 28, 2009
- The connection between estate taxes and taking out a life insurance policy August 6, 2009