Fewer employees offering life insurance benefits
A growing number of people are in the market for their own life insurance policies, especially in light of recent economic trends that have fewer employers providing such benefits.A growing number of people are in the market for their own life insurance policies, especially in light of recent economic trends that have fewer employers providing such benefits.
This week, the Detroit Free Press profiled some retirees from the auto industry who are having more difficulty making ends meet in light of the restructuring that the Big Three manufacturing companies had to go undergo as they struggled to survive the recession.
The newspaper noted that some of the retirees now have life insurance policies that have fallen in value to pennies on the dollar, while other benefits have also disappeared. Things are so bad for these retirees that one 76-year-old man even had to take out a 30-year mortgage to try to make ends meet.
Still, affordable life insurance policies are available for those in the market for their own coverage.
Investing in the right life insurance policy can help protect one's family and can help produce more financial flexibility when it comes to things like making charitable donations and covering one's final expenses.
See how easy it is to shop online for life insurance. Get your free life insurance quotes today!
Posted: September 28, 2009
Related Life Insurance Articles
- The connection between estate taxes and taking out a life insurance policy August 6, 2009
- Economy having an impact on life insurance rates July 13, 2009
- Term life insurance recommended to newlyweds July 1, 2009
- Americans stressing over retirement funds June 15, 2009
- Many older Americans considering burial needs June 08, 2009
- Life insurance payments a financial burden for many seniors May 26, 2009
- Life insurance changes part of budget proposal May 12, 2009