Residents of Antioch, California, have it lucky—despite living in a state with a high incidence of natural disasters and the most traffic deaths of any other state, insurance prices are still more affordable than in most parts of the country. Both auto and homeowners' insurance prices are right in line with national averages.
But these prices are just averages—there are a number of different factors that go into determining your Antioch insurance rates, from your driving record to your age to how many claims you've filed.
If you're shopping around for Antioch insurance quotes and are looking for a few ways to save on your car and home insurance, you'll be happy to know there are many different ways you can lower your insurance rates.
Saving on Antioch Insurance for Cars
If your car insurance is higher than you'd like, whether it's from a ticket or two on your record or because you've filed claims in the past, a few ways you can lower your rates include:
- Raise your deductible. This is one of the fastest ways to lower your costs. Higher out of pocket costs mean lower monthly payments.
- Install a car alarm. A car alarm or other security device can also save you money on your car insurance.
- Add your spouse. Adding a spouse to your insurance policy can lower both of your rates.
- Take a driving course. An approved defensive driving course from the DMV can lower your rates considerably, and if you've recently gotten a ticket, it can erase it from your record.
- Look for discounts. If you're a member of the military, a good student, or you've been with the same company for a certain amount of time, you could be eligible for discounts on your insurance.
Saving On Antioch Insurance for Homes
Homeowners insurance is required if you have a mortgage. These simple tips not only lower your Antioch insurance quotes, but they make your home safer as well:
- Install security devices. A burglar alarm, deadbolt locks, or motion lights can lower your rates by 20% or more.
- Enhance your fire protection. Smoke alarms, fire extinguishers in high-risk areas like the kitchen or garage, and even sprinkler systems can lower your rates significantly.
- Update your home. If your home is older, you may be eligible for discounts if you update the wiring and plumbing systems in your home.
- Go green. Solar panels and other environmentally-friendly upgrades will not only save you money on energy costs, but on your Antioch insurance quotes as well.
Finding Antioch Insurance Quotes
Most people comparison shop when making a large purchase, and your homeowners insurance should be no exception. An easy way to do this is by visiting netquote.com. This free site provides a wealth of information on insurance, including different types of homeowners insurance and coverage options. Once you find the information you need, you can get multiple Antioch insurance quotes to compare quickly and easily.