More consumers research life insurance online, data shows
As consumers continue to feel the effects of the economic downturn that plagued the economy in 2008 and 2009, people are turning to online marketplaces to save money on life insurance
More people searched for life insurance quotes online in 2009 than in 2008, a new report from research firm comScore suggests.
The number of searches including the phrase "life insurance" rose 15 percent last year, comScore noted.
"Now more than ever, the internet is playing an important role in this complex financial planning decision," comScore director Susan Engleson said.
The internet is becoming more pervasive in American life, especially with the rise of web-enabled smartphones that permit web surfing from anywhere with cellular service. And consumers, eager to pare debt and save money on living expenses, are looking everywhere they can to spend less - including the internet.
People are saving more, too: the Commerce Department said this week that personal saving increased in December to 4.8 percent of income.
Many people are finding that sourcing insurance quotes from the web is an easy and effective way to cut insurance expenditures. "The internet often represents a critical decision-making phase in the life insurance purchase funnel," Engleson suggested.
See how easy it is to shop online for life insurance. Get your free life insurance quotes today!
Posted: February 2, 2010
Related Life Insurance Articles
- Life insurance may become more accessible for government employees January 5, 2010
- Hang ten: Keep DIME in mind when shopping for life insurance, financial planner says December 28, 2009
- More people turn to life insurance in November December 16, 2009
- Review life insurance and combine policies, personal finance columnist says December 14, 2009
- Americans who rely on workplace for life insurance should be smart, insurer says December 10, 2009
- Life insurance industry on firm footing, new data indicates December 1, 2009
- Life insurance industry financially strong, ratings agency reports November 19, 2009
- Life insurance secondary market needs to be carefully regulated, Illinois commissioner says November 18, 2009
- Market uncertainty leading more to purchase life insurance November 11, 2009
- States' insurance supervision more than adequate, Connecticut commissioner says November 2, 2009