Discount Auto Insurance: Service Versus Price
Faced with today's high car insurance rates, savvy drivers look for every possible way to reduce their insurance premium. So it only makes sense to stay informed about the many ways to obtain discount car insurance.
Here are some suggestions for saving money when shopping for discount auto insurance:
- The fastest and most convenient way is to shop online for an auto insurance quote from competing companies. This will enable you to compare auto insurance rates and policies from multiple car insurers. You'll discover that different companies will often quote different rates for the same coverage.
- Raise the deductible on your discount auto insurance. The larger the deductible, the lower your insurance premium will be for that coverage. In turn, your insurer benefits by not having to pay out benefits on relatively small claims.
- Keep a clean driving record. Your reward for driving safely and defensively will be a lower insurance rate.
- Keep a clean credit record, too. Monitor your credit report, pay your bills on time, and don't exceed your credit limits. Those with higher scores on their credit report typically get lower premiums.
- Have safety and anti-theft devices installed.
Those are just a few of the most common ways to qualify for discount car insurance. Other discounts may be available, so be sure to shop around and look to your agent or potential agent for additional information.
Remember: Service Quality Varies
As you probably know, not all discount auto insurance companies offer the same quality of service to their policyholders. Some have a reputation for being highly responsive and cooperative about claims processing, while others are notorious for dragging their feet and delaying payments as long as possible.
A number of websites identify companies that are rated highest in service satisfaction, according to their customer surveys. Be sure to review companies carefully before signing on the dotted line for discount auto insurance.
If you're thinking that a higher insurance premium brings with it a higher quality of service from your insurer, you're going to discover that this is not always the case. Your insurer offers all its customers the same level of consideration. So why pay more? Be a smart shopper and get every discount you can on your car insurance.
See how we can help you get discount auto insurance - get your free auto insurance quotes today.